Poll: What faction are you?
Team Valor
Team Mystic
Team Instinct
[Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pokemon GO

(07-14-2016, 01:12 AM)Fuzzy "Mc-Cones" McNomNoms Wrote:  
(07-13-2016, 09:09 PM)Brassx Wrote:  There's plenty of ways to make it more difficult to detect though. Of course if you're in the game and teleport miles away, that's super easy, but what if you set your location before you open the game. So once it's open you're at the spot you want to be at. No teleporting, and there's no way for them to know if you drove there or whatever. unless of course it's like 10000 miles away.

It is quite easy in Android to check if the location you received is from a Mock Provider or not (only requires 1 line of code). And Pokemon Go already seems to detect "Allow Mock Locations" is "ON" thats why it says most of the time "Can't get your location".

It's not about moving. it's the signal it gets.
That would probably work for most newbs, but there's a lot of people still cheating and not getting banned:

The data their servers receives comes from your phone, thus it can be modified, and spoofed without their servers ever really even knowing if the data is true or not. This is true in all networked games, not just this.

The only way they can really combat this is by doing simple distance checks. If you move 10 miles since the last time the app updated your location to the server, you're prolly cheating.

You can read the comments of people here: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4ry7my/psa_spoofing_gps_locations_will_get_you_banned/

Plenty of people are explaining how they get around it, and that they have looked at the code for their checks, etc. I'm just saying it's not as straightforward as you believe. Nothing is ever fully secure, EVER.
Find

Team Mystic with a 256 Seaking
Find

Instinct with level 77 Raichu
Umpty Dumpty
Find

(07-14-2016, 02:20 AM)Bezerker Wrote:  Instinct with level 77 Raichu

who evolves their pikachu?
Find

Team instinct with a 812 vaporeon. get gud valor nubs
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find