Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

bidding

xp okay say if i list an item such as a deadly m16 for 1 coin theres no fee at all, then i have a friend bid up that m16 to a certain price i want. from there the person gets to list the item for free then if no one bids on the item and the friend is still the highest bidder I could just take the item out and do it again with out paying a fee.
Find

If you take the item out, you don't get the coins that were bid with. You're not gaining any money, not losing any money.
Find

yet you're getting a free listing , any ways just the fact that you're able to take it out is a little bs.
Find

(01-23-2015, 12:00 AM)Swan Wrote:  yet you're getting a free listing , any ways just the fact that you're able to take it out is a little bs.

I don't see why. It's can't be abused at all. Maybe make it so within the last hour or so of the bid you can't remove it, but its not a bit deal lol, if you dont like the prices, you can remove it.
Find

i guess we stand on differnt opinions i feel as if you're listing it for a low price at the start then thats your fault if it doesnt get you that much in return.
Find

Heres my question: Does the person bidding pay for the item yet?
Cause if not there is not harm done since the person had to pay money to make a bidding happen.
So if he decides to pull the item off, hes losing money anyway.
and with the friends bidding it up....that doesnt matter cause then the friend has to pay WAY more for a certain item.
Oh Hey...it's me C:

Find

you dont get money taken from your inv but my problem with this is that why bid on a item that has say 2 days left when its not even a for sure thing youre gonna get it. it just makes bidding useless if you understand what i mean.
Find

I get what you mean, a friend bids it up so someone else will buy it for higher, if your freind is top bid you take it down before it finishes and nobody gets anything, but if you bid it up and someone else bids on a falsely high price, then you get the money while they could have bid lower but your freind bid it up... Get it?
Find

yea exactly
Find

xD after reading these replies Tongue. However, yes I do agree with Swan I think it's kind of annoying that people can just remove bids in the first place if it doesn't go up to what they want. INSTEAD **** of having a fee what you should be able to do is set a reserve on the item which is done at auctions in real life. The reserve would be the minimum amount the player is willing to take for the item they are bidding. You still start from 1 and if the bids don't reach the reserve then the item goes back to the player that put it up for the listening (therefore you can't remove the item from the market once you have put a reserve on it and you CAN'T change the reserve once it has been placed)
Find