Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: Does it need a nerf?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NERF {Vitality Crystal}

As long as I can kill in 1 shot with a deag or a rifle to the head it's fine imo. Buff the deag and rifle multipliers and you fix the issue
Find

Just limit healing to original 100hp, leave it as a once off hp during the round.

And then reduce the healing you receive for boosting your hp, the vit crystal item desc hints at demonic powers granting more life, where is the downside to it.
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug

I do think the idea of having worse HP regeneration as Kheyre said would make it decently balanced

A lot of the arguments for it are just "use a better gun" which I suppose logically is pretty fair, but that kinda just voids certain weapons. There are a lot of niche type guns and event guns that are by no means good but are fun to use, I like using lazarus and scrambled eggs most the time which are mediocre (buff lazarus plug) and already have a hard enough time competing against normal players, much less competing with so many people that have access to the vitality crystal as well as everyone and their mothers owning a nexus or similar gun which are essentially just the new bellum

I would just like some other downside that doesn't impact how it effects HP currently I think the boost is fine but there should be a reason to not use it sometimes or with certain loadouts

side note: I could be biased because i don't use any crystals except in events because i have some weird ass anxiety ocd shit and i cant stand having a limit to what I am using thats a no from me even if i own both a synergizer and a 25 vit.

im also really tired so that couldve made no sense whatsoever and if so ignore lmao
JuicyBoxer
St.Jimmy
Dumpweed
AnthemPartThree
Murph
Debaser

i need to stop doing this

IT'S NERF OR NOTHIN'!
Find

Oh no! The crystal is doing it's job by preventing a death that would normally kill. Lets nerf it cause I want my secondary to one shot!

(09-20-2018, 11:22 PM)Beebee1303 Wrote:  Oh no! The crystal is doing it's job by preventing a death that would normally kill. Lets nerf it cause I want my secondary to one shot!

OOH NO A GUN THAT HAS ALWAYS AND SHOULD ALWAYS 1-SHOT HEADSHOT DUE TO ACTUALLY HAVING TO AIM CAN'T ANYMORE CAUSE OF SWEATY PEOPLE WITH SCROLLS
Umpty Dumpty

Let's just turn FRG into Modern Warfare 2

Add a stopping power crystal that does extra bullet damage as a counter to the counter that is the vitality crystal
Find

"Personally, I can see why this type of crystal is actually sort of needed to tone down some of the OP weapons we definitely have, but at what cost? It also hurts any of the 'more balanced' weapons we have. Thus why I can fully understand both arguments." - Brass 2018

Lets make a godlike that can be the counter to lower level players and lower level raritys and use it to tone down more op weapons effectivly allowing innocents to be at body armor tier health (not like the numbers they have over the T isnt enough). Now lets also make a godlike that allows this godlike to be fused with another crystal say a djinn crystal allowing them to take an extra shot (or more), deal more damage, and heal when the extra damage is done. However, a vitality crystal alone is not that bad until you take in to accout that there are guns that are ment for you to run up and gun someone down but deal a lower damage. These guns are nullified and the crystals give someone extra time to get out of something normally lethal even with body armor alone. The problem is they counter styles of gameplay forcing someone to have to take into account that one person ruining their setup. It can do this without a SINGLE downside but the fact it has a charge (and you can get runes or cheap items to fix that). So now instead of just having to deal with detectives that can tank some extra damage now you have mini detectives running around to also mess your time up so why not just add a class crystal and make it full blown detectives?
Find

(09-21-2018, 07:17 PM)gardenGnostic Wrote:  "Personally, I can see why this type of crystal is actually sort of needed to tone down some of the OP weapons we definitely have, but at what cost? It also hurts any of the 'more balanced' weapons we have. Thus why I can fully understand both arguments." - Brass 2018

Lets make a godlike that can be the counter to lower level players and lower level raritys and use it to tone down more op weapons effectivly allowing innocents to be at body armor tier health (not like the numbers they have over the T isnt enough). Now lets also make a godlike that allows this godlike to be fused with another crystal say a djinn crystal allowing them to take an extra shot (or more), deal more damage, and heal when the extra damage is done. However, a vitality crystal alone is not that bad until you take in to accout that there are guns that are ment for you to run up and gun someone down but deal a lower damage. These guns are nullified and the crystals give someone extra time to get out of something normally lethal even with body armor alone. The problem is they counter styles of gameplay forcing someone to have to take into account that one person ruining their setup.  It can do this without a SINGLE downside but the fact it has a charge (and you can get runes or cheap items to fix that). So now instead of just having to deal with detectives that can tank some extra damage now you have mini detectives running around to also mess your time up so why not just add a class crystal and make it full blown detectives?

I suggest you go back and re-read my post, since about 99% of what I wrote seemed to have eluded you. I completely explained the other points above it, which is more or less what you said about detectives, but in a much more legible, sensible, and non-sarcastic manner.

One side is arguing the crystals are fine, along with that argument that they seem to help fights become more 'fair' against our many super fast quick-kill-time items(which again I said I can personally understand why they'd say that, but like I also said, it doesn't ONLY COUNTER those, it counters everything), other side is arguing the few extra shots needed to kill is too much for them. There's not single crystal that has a downside, and I don't really see the need to have any now. It just wouldn't really make much sense to start now. The better way to "nerf" it is a re-balance.

I had an idea where it worked the same, but the health slowly decays, like the sagacious overheal, just a bit slower.
Umpty Dumpty
Find