Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Further Discussion (Voting Open)

The Amsterville and Piranesi revotes are up and I also added TheThing since Deadheala posted a complaint about it. Go vote please. https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/maps.php

ttt_amsterville and ttt_piranesi came too close in votes to take any action. This thread will be for anyone to make a case for/against and further discuss these 2 maps specifically. After some time I will initiate votes on these 2 maps one more time. I'll start.

ttt_amsterville
Features include:
-Many buildings to explore
-Fully detailed, loads of custom textures. Some are quite funny even.
-Varied areas for different types of encounters with traitors.
-Dark shadows to hide and escape into.
-Many secret passages.

I'm honestly surprised by how many people want this map gone. I understand it is a bit large but I don't think it's so large to the point that it needs removed. It is a good map for most minigames and a solid map for ttt as well. I'll provide some more in depth screenshots.

ttt_piranesi
Features include: (I tried to find a list of features on the steam workshop page for this map like I did for amsterville but there were none listed. I'll do my best.)
-A CT and T side with spawn points.
-Lots of stairs and ramps.
-Lots of both close quarters and medium ranged combat.

I'm on the total opposite side for this map. I'm surprised by how many of you want this map to stick around. It is a map that we rarely play and rarely gets voted for when it does show up. It's not a BAD map by any means. It is a CS map so it runs perfectly fine and looks nice enough. My problem is that it is a CS map. It was designed for making your way to bomb sites to plant and defuse bombs. It offers nothing unique or fun for TTT. It is a subpar map that I think we wouldn't miss much. My thought process is that we need to get rid of some subpar maps so we can see the maps we love actually show up more often in the mapvote. We currently have 146 maps in the map pool. That's quite substantial and really hinders us from playing the GREAT maps more often due to the way our mpavote works. I think we can afford to lose this 1 subpar map but it's ultimately up to you guys. Here are some screenshots.

For the record, this will be the last wave of map removals for a long time. Doing them requires a decent amount of work on my part and I think after this we have gotten rid of almost all of the bad/problematic maps. Maps will only be removed after this if a serous problem is reported. Plus parade and I keep adding new maps constantly but that will slow down too.

The Amsterville and Piranesi revotes are up and I also added TheThing since Deadheala posted a complaint about it. Go vote please. https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/maps.php
Find

+1 to remove both.

Amsterville is HELLA dark on some monitors like mine, turning up options doesnt fix it. It also just gets way to confusing and big for some and leads to delay.

Piranesi, is like you said, a CS map and just dull and not TTT fun.
Vanished from life
Find

Ya gotta keep Amsterville, its an amazing classic that just brings a lot to the table and its all good. Its not even that large, the entire thing is smartly connected and works great. I'm sick of this mentality of "small but open maps where people can gun others down for challenges". FRG is barely about TTT anymore, you could remove every T item except for radar and body armor and most of the server won't bat an eye. Its almost sickening.
Find

I think ttt_amsterville should stay. It is a great polished map, frames are steady, and allows plenty if not all of playstyles.
Find

I enjoy both maps, my vote would be to keep both of them.

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

Neither have any FPS or gameplay issues, i dont see why they should be removed. The actual TTT the gamemode runs fine on both maps, that should be more than enough reason to keep them
Find

Although I don't really like Amsterville that much, it's still a nice map, and well made. Now I kind of reconsider my -1 a gave it, it's an alright map.

For piransesi you can say the same thing for every cs map we have. Nuke, Militia, Italy, office all run well, good amount of ammo, medium sized maps, and people recognize the maps.

Quote:For the record, this will be the last wave of map removals for a long time. Doing them requires a decent amount of work on my part and I think after this we have gotten rid of almost all of the bad/problematic maps. Maps will only be removed after this if a serous problem is reported. Plus parade and I keep adding new maps constantly but that will slow down too.

I usually don't add/remove maps as much anyways, but I found a fast and easy way to modify maps without breaking the textures (maps that were modified will be labeled with "_md" at the end) . In my list I have Castle_Night, Homestead which is a map that will be added soon when I get the chance to change it, and Space Station. If you have a map you want modified please pm me, note that not all maps suggested to me will be altered (mainly huge maps, maps with extreme detail or custom props, or broken maps).
I'll be editing those maps not anytime soon for now.
Find

For me, it's more of preference.
I personally love Amsterville because of how much experience and memories I have made on that map.
The atmosphere there made it fun for roleplaying and what not.
However, I'll have to recognize some things.
It is a big map, which leads to delays (not as in intentional delay, but rather playing where the fuck the person is at).
Its layout might be confusing to those who are unfamiliar.
I would personally keep Amsterville, but I can see other side's views.

Piranesi is mixed opinion for me.
It does work as a TTT map.
However, the atmosphere doesn't make me any more excited to play on it.
It's also similar to Amsterville in the sense that its layout might be confusing for those who are unfamiliar with.

Like I said, it's a matter of preference for me.
It's more like if they're there, that's fine. If they're removed, that's fine as well.
Find

I dont have a problem with either map honestly.
They both function perfectly fine for a ttt map and have no performance issues.
Even tho its a cs map, piranesi works perfectly fine for ttt imo
Find

(05-07-2019, 01:11 AM)The Black Parade Wrote:  Although I don't really like Amsterville that much, it's still a nice map, and well made. Now I kind of reconsider my -1 a gave it, it's an alright map.

For piransesi you can say the same thing for every cs map we have. Nuke, Militia, Italy, office all run well, good amount of ammo, medium sized maps, and people recognize the maps.

yes but people recognize those maps like you said. Those maps are good. I don't think many people recognize piranesi but perhaps I'm wrong. Can you honestly say you knew the map based solely on its name before i did a vote on it?