Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Make Abyssal Not Trash

As someone who learned how to do this boss a little under a week ago I can not disagree more with this thread.

The only "inconsistencies" I've been experiencing with this boss are due to the constant changes over the last couple of days, it's been genuinely irritating trying to learn how to do it when there's always another change to how I think I can move.

Otherwise I think the boss is fantastic, it's somewhat tough to learn at first(as all things are) but the cooldown is forgiving, once you know what to do the attacks are easily screened and avoided, the loot is very strong for what is a 3 minute boss fight, and it requires a 15 coin gun from the market and a reload crystal?

Seriously what is there to complain about?

The thing that I've always liked about FRG is that all of the interesting bosses and events are freely available to do to anyone who joins the server.
In any other game you'd be charged a bare minimum of $15 for the abyssal terror DLC, that you'd probably have to grind to be able to unlock, which you'd do happily but in FRG all of the content(besides the VIP area) is absolutely free to do and YOU ARE REWARDED for doing it.
So why should it be easier?

I don't think every piece of content needs to appeal to everyone and I don't think all the content should be easy, consistently beatable, OR rewarding.

I don't think FRG needs to baby you with easy events and shower you with tons of loot in order to be appealing. That is definitely not what it was built on with 3 day grims cooldowns for 40 coins and 3 item crates.
Without the challenge or effort all you're left with is a giant unboxing server, and if that appeals to you then please go check out free online slot machines instead.

(02-12-2020, 11:21 AM)Kuro Wrote:  As someone who learned how to do this boss a little under a week ago I can not disagree more with this thread.

The only "inconsistencies" I've been experiencing with this boss are due to the constant changes over the last couple of days, it's been genuinely irritating trying to learn how to do it when there's always another change to how I think I can move.

Otherwise I think the boss is fantastic, it's somewhat tough to learn at first(as all things are) but the cooldown is forgiving, once you know what to do the attacks are easily screened and avoided, the loot is very strong for what is a 3 minute boss fight, and it requires a 15 coin gun from the market and a reload crystal?

Seriously what is there to complain about?

The thing that I've always liked about FRG is that all of the interesting bosses and events are freely available to do to anyone who joins the server.
In any other game you'd be charged a bare minimum of $15 for the abyssal terror DLC, that you'd probably have to grind to be able to unlock, which you'd do happily but in FRG all of the content(besides the VIP area) is absolutely free to do and YOU ARE REWARDED for doing it.
So why should it be easier?

I don't think every piece of content needs to appeal to everyone and I don't think all the content should be easy, consistently beatable, OR rewarding.

I don't think FRG needs to baby you with easy events and shower you with tons of loot in order to be appealing. That is definitely not what it was built on with 3 day grims cooldowns for 40 coins and 3 item crates.
Without the challenge or effort all you're left with is a giant unboxing server, and if that appeals to you then please go check out free online slot machines instead.

Hey aren't you that famous terrorist?
Find

Just get good, you don't need crutch item/high mobi or even dash

First boss in frg which isn't just strafe strafe which honestly is the best thing ever since every other boss is SUPER SLEEP

Bosses don’t need to be farmable; they need to be fair. Abyssal is difficult to learn, but it isn’t skillgated / level gated. If you find your strat that works for you, you use it. WQ is an example of a boss with only one definite strategy. Abyss is not WQ and shouldn’t be.
Umpty Dumpty
Find

Looks like you need to find a new strat Smile goodluck!
Find

i want everyone who disagrees with this thread to film their next tries at abyssal 'til you beat it

Smile
Find

So the point of this thread is to see who’s bad at Abyssal Smile
Find

The problem is people learned it with a giant crutch (jump dash going so far), and don't want to backtrack to relearn it. The dash was already changed since this post was posted again, and is better now. I assure you it's very possible and closer to how it was intended.

Imagine >HARD< mode being actually hard though..
Find

The abyssal dash nerf didn't make it hard, it just made it feel like shit.
Also, good luck 1 downing him with inferior mobility.
Find

It wasn't a nerf. It was a bug fix.

Here's the timeline:
  • Launch with the 'original dash' which was just a small sprint. It has prediction errors so I remake it to a mini warrior dash, SHORT DASH.
  • Someone shows me it can launch them across the map.
  • I apply fixes so jump dashing doesn't send you too far.
  • I was told it was fixed. Meanwhile people are learning it with that bug to make it trivial and I didn't know.
  • Months later I see a vid where it is most certainly NOT fixed.
  • I apply several iterations of fixes, toning it down to be more in line with how it was 'supposed' to be.

The jump dash while moving can get you enough momentum to dodge any attack pretty easily with the current version of it. It will not likely be receiving any further changes. I have little doubts if it launched this way, there'd be no complaints and those complaining would be able to do it no problem still. If you don't feel like relearning certain aspects of it, then don't. I don't really care, you're just missing out on a big chunk of easy loot, and there's still a number of people that beat it every day no problem. It is most certainly not a majority of the player base unable to cope with the bug fix.