Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Addressing some feedback

It has come to my attention a number of players are unhappy with when I hand out things to others at my own discretion. It is my server, so it is within my discretion to do so, but that doesn't mean I want to continue doing such things if it does make others unhappy/feel unfair.

I've been doing things like this since the old NTG days(giving out rusted dragoon items and stuff as memes), I just like to show appreciation to players(typically non problematic players), especially if they take it upon themselves to do something cool, without really even expecting anything in return.

Some examples:
  • I meme challenged A2 to beat Abyssal with a bad rifle, and he pulled through. I didn't expect it, so I hooked him up with a cool standard rifle, completely untradeable.
  • Fancy beat mammon with a rifle so I put a godlike trait on it, though that one I did put in the giveaway. (it was pre-crafting so items like that were a huge deal)
  • I made the entire 'eternal' det round/traitor round based on vhoxel collecting 10k Detective tokens, even gave him a custom title for it.
  • Mousey had the most easter pass XP, and him and others memed me every day for "egg tp rune" or something like that, so I had an interesting high stake idea. I told mousey I'd do a coinflip on steam, we'd livestream it, if I won I'd delete his staff of osiris, if he won I'd put egg tp on it. Told him to never trade it.

Or he could just get a 1 of a kind accessory.

He chose the coinflip, and miraculously won.
I've given away various other things, and do so all the time, I'm not going to remember all of them, nor list all of them as I don't want people given the wrong idea and have people asking me for things constantly. Most of the times me giving someone something is my own idea. I don't think I've given anyone anything that is extraordinarily overpowered or anything. A2's rifle is probably the most extreme, but at the end of the day it's a standard rifle.

I'd just like to give people a platform to state any concerns with this type of thing. I can see it as feeling unfair to some no doubt, and if it's really that big of an issue I'll stop it.

hey im famous!
Find

I never really got how this was a problem. One thing I do however want you to do is to announce times beforehand when you're gonna need help with testing stuff since that usually nets you a one time reward. I miss out on a lot of those events since I never know they're happening and the goodie bags can be really useful.

fancy beat gregg not mammon YOU FILTHY LIAR HOW DARE YOU

i dont see it as a problem lol.

i got a sick crate of touch too hell yeah
Find

I think it's cool, I don't really see the problem with it.
Find

Same here Nyte. I never had an issue with these sort of things, besides missing goodie bags or whatnot because I'm not on or unable to join when stuff that incites Brass giving out goodie bags happen. I would say its fine to keep doing it the same way you've done it so far Brass.
Find

I personally dont see any problems with this and i think its a cool thing to do to reward players in the community.
Find

I think it's fine, nothing you've given out is super crazy imo and I think it's kinda neat when someone does something cool enough that they can be rewarded at random. I think it can give a neat sort of push for people to do something a little out of the ordinary or challenging and typically people can kinda joke about it unless they want to get all pissy about it which has happened with this stuff. I'd say make the stuff untradeable, like A2's rifle, and that should be that. If someone is complaining about an untradeable neat gimmick item that isn't OP, then they are mad because they didn't get a neat gimmick item.
Find

I have 0 problems with it, thank u brass for being kind
Find